Monday 11 July 2011

Daal Allu

This Daal Allu Recipe is amongst one of the few recipes that I always wanted to post since long time. It is one of the favourite dish from my mom’s kitchen. She makes the best daal allu and I have seen her many times cooking it with a lot of love and care. She used to make it every week once/ twice for breakfast. I love to have this daal recipe with parathas. Also i used to take it in my tiffin box & my frds used to love it & all used to ask me the recipes to try @ their home. So friends with out much ado lets start the recipe & I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I enjoyed.


Dali Allu(Dal Allu)
Toor Dal- 1cup
1 large potato (wash, peeled & cut in cubes)
2 Chopped Onion
1 large tomato chopped
Coriander chopped
Curry leaves
1tsp Roasted cumin powder
1tsp Garam masala
1tsp Cumin/ Mustard seeds each
1tsp Red chilly powder
½ tsp Haldi powder
Salt as per the taste
1-2 tsp Refined Oil

Method:
Boil the toor daal with potatoes, salt, tomato & haldi in a pressure cooker.Cook the daal  properly. Switch off the flame & keep aside.
Heat Oil in a pan. Crackle cumin/mustard seeds. Add curry leaves to it.Then add chopped Onions &  sauté till it turns to golden brown in colour.Then add the boiled daal. Stir it for 5sec. Let it boil for 1-2 min. Add garam masala & cumin powder.Sprinkle some black salt & Garnish with chopped onions & chopped coriander leaves on top. Mix well .Goes well with parathas/ rotis.

0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment