Saturday 8 September 2012

Coconut rice with garlic flavor


Coconut rice recipe is a south Indian recipe & very simple & easy to make. I had it once in one of my friend's home & it was so delicious  dat I couldn't stop myself asking the recipe.... So  I took the recipe from her & I made it . It came out soo delicious that my husband also loved it. I did a small variation with the rice by adding 2-3 cloves of garlic & redchillies to enhance the flavor of rice..This is a very special kind of rice.I m making this for 3rd time now. Hope u all will like this too.So here is the recipe.




Ingredients:

Cooked rice 1 ½  cups
Garlic- 3-4 cloves peeled
Grated coconut -2-3 tblsp
Dry red chillies- 2-3 ( I don’t like much spice so I used less u can add according to your taste)
Refined oil/ coconut oil- 1tblsp (tempering in coconut oil adds agr8 flavour to this rice)
Peanuts- a handful
Curry leaves- a few
Cumin seeds- mustard seeds- ½ tsp each
Hing- a pinch
Salt as per the taste

Method:

Heat a pan. Add 1 tsp oil in to it. Then add garlic & red chillies. Roast it till  they turns to light golden brown colour. Keep them aside.
In the same pan add the grated coconuts & dry roast it. 

Cool them & grind them in to a coarse paste without adding water.
Now take a pan. Add mustard & cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves when they splutter add the peanuts.
 When everythg will b done then add rice to the pan. Add the grinded paste. Adjust salt & Mix well... your rice is ready to serve. Serve hot with ginger chutney/any chutney..









0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment