Friday 8 February 2013

Minty Pumpkin Rassam


It is a traditional southindian recipe...I hav learned this from one of my south Indian friend...A tasty healthy, quick & easy to make recipe,.Goes well with hot hot steamed rice..I made this 15 days back...but due to my laziness I couldn't able to upload this..mMMM yummy.. I'm so hungry right now and I wish this was really in front of me!...Hope u ll like my version of rassam...




Ingredients:

2 bug tomatoes cut in cubes
Pumpkin- cut in cubes 100 gms
1 small onion sliced
Green chilli 4-5 cut length wise
Ginger-garlic- cumin seeds crushed- 1tblsp
Salt
Haldi
Rasam powder- 1tblsp
Imli pulp 1 tblsp or as much as you want to put in your rassam
For seasoning:
3-4 dry red chillies
1tsp  mustard cumin seeds each
 A few curry leaves
few pudina leaves
1 tblsp urad dal
Pinch of hing,
1 tsp whole dhania/ coriander
1 tblsp crushed garlic.

Method:
Add 3 cups of water in a big vessel. Bring it to boil. Add tomatoes, pumpkins, sliced onion, green chilli, crushed ginger garlic & cumin, haldi, rassam powder, imli pulp & boil all till tender.
 Heat tadka pan.  Heat 1tblsp oil in it. Add red chillis, mustard cumin seeds.. When the will start crackling add curry leaves, , urad dal, hing, whole dhania.crushed garlic & pudina leaves. sauté for a min.  Then pour the seasoning to the boiled rassam. Your rassam is now ready to serve. Serve with hot steamed rice.

0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment