Suji (rawa ) -2 cups
Water 4 cups
Sugar -1 ½ cup ( u can adjust sugar according to your taste)
cardamom- 5 pcs ( make powder)
Shredded fresh coconut- half a coconut
Freshly Grounded Black pepper- 1tsp
Refined Oil- for frying
Salt - a pinch
- In a bowl, mix properly the shredded coconut, half of Sugar, black pepper pwd. and cardamom powder and mix well .Keep them aside.
- Boil about 4 cups of water (double the amount of rawa))& add sugar, a pinch of salt to it. When sugar dissolves, Add Rawa to it. Mix them fast to avoid any lumps. Stir it Keep it on the flame for 2 min. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Let the dough cools down to room temperature. Then apply ltl oil in your palms. Kneed the dough till it becomes soft.
- Make small small balls from the dough & flatten them using your palms ,
- Make a deep depression in between ( make it like a cup) using your fingers & put the coconut stuffing.
- Then Close it form all sides .Make the above balls into flat shape with the help of your palms.
- Heat oil in a frying pan . When hot, drop these stuffed balls one by one & fry in a lower flame till they turns golden brown from each side.
- Kakara pitha is ready and serve it hot or cool anyway u like it.