- Poha / Flattened rice- 2 cups
- oil - 2 tblsp
- 1 tsp cumin seeds & mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves,
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- asafetida/ hing- a pinch
- onion- 1 large size (chopped)
- peanuts- a handful (u can take roasted peanuts too)
- 1 cup cut veggies ( potatoes, cauliflower, green peas)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- salt to taste
- 2 tblsp grated coconut,
- lemon juice as per your requirement
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Put the poha in a sieve and wash under running water for 2 minutes. Keep aside to drain..
Heat oil in a kadai. add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and as they jump around add curry leaves, chopped green chillies & hing.
Add onion. Saute till traslucent. Then add peanuts, cube size poatoes, cauliflower, green peas..Saute till done. add turmeric powder, red chilli powder. mix well.
Add the soaked poha, adjust salt. mix well. & saute for 2-3 mins.
Add grated coconut, lemon juice & chopped coriander leaves. Your poha is ready to serve..Njoy with hot hot tea.