Yellow Peas- 1cup soaked for 6-7 hrs
2-3 boiled potatoes (remove the skin )
2-3 medium size onion- chopped
Grated ginger- 1tblsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1tsp
Cumin-coriander powder- 1tsp each
Chat masala-1tsp ( u can add amuchur powder also)
salt as per the taste
2 medium size tomatoes- chopped
tomato ketchup- 1tblsp
mint-coriander chutney- As per your requirement
Sweet tamarind chutney- As per your requirement
black salt- 1/2 tsp
some fried snacks ( Papdi, sev, nimki, roasted peanuts)
sweet curd ( take thick curd & add ltl bit sugar to it.mix well)
chopped onion- 1/2 cup
chopped carrots- 1/2 cup
chopped cucumber- 1/2 cup
chopped tomatoes- 1/2 cup
4-5 chopped green chillis
chopped coriander laves- 2tblsp
lemon juice- 1tsp
- Put oil in a pan. Add chopped onions..Saute till they becomes soft. Add grated ginger to it. mix well & saute for 1-2 min. Add tomatoes.
- .Saute till they becomes soft.
- In a small bowl take 1tblsp water & mix turmeric powder, chilly powder & cumin-coriander powder.
- Mix the the dry powder mix to the sauteed masala..
- Add chat powder/ amchur powder.mix well.
- Add the boiled yellow peas, mix well.adjust salt.
- mash the potatoes with your hands...they should not be fully mashed. Add the boiled potatoes to the curry & mix well. Then add some lemon juice to it...
- Add coriander leaves at last.....your peas curry is now ready to make chat...:)
FINAL STEP: TO MAKE CHAT
- Take a Serving plate..put the peas curry. add the chopped veggies how much you want to eat on it , Sprinkle some black salt, sev, crushed papdi, nimki, roasted peanuts, tomato ketchup, sweet tamarind chutney, mint-coriander chutney & sweet curd .. Mix well..Your chat is now ready to serve....
- Serve immediately & njoy!!!