Black Channa- 1 cup (soaked in water for 7-8 hrs)
1 large onion chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1tblsp Goner garlic paste
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon cumin- coriander powder
1tsp red chilli powder
Salt as per taste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch amchur/ dry mango powder
Curry laves- afew
- Wash & pressure cook the Kala channa with little salt and water for 3-4 whistles until soft.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they starts crackling, add curry leaves, cut green chillies. Then add the chopped onion. Sautee till translucent. Add ginger- garlic paste and salt. Then add cumin coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the masala is done.
- Add the chickpeas. Add the amchur powder. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, till it becomes dry (If U want gravy type u can add 1 cup of water ). Now add garam masala. Mix well & season with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot hot chapattis.